[update:] Small bugfix, fixing last eaten and times eaten.
Tools which enable easier decision making is very interesting. GIS is said to be one such tool – however, many exist.
Every day I have to make a vital decision which will inevitably affect my life quality for the rest of the day. Namely, what to have for dinner? Trivial you say? Well, it might be – but still a trivial, vital decision needs to be taken.
Several years into the dinner-decision-making-process I have recognized that some attributes of recipees tend to manipulate the decision:
- Well known and used recipees tend to be chosen more often than innovative recipes (at least in a hectic week day situation)
- Time since last eaten is crucial – it the time span is less than some days it ranks poor in the decision making.
- Suggestions are always appreciated – especially if their from the “well known set”.
- However, suggestions are not always welcomed. The lack of creativity and part-time memento motivates for listing all well-known recipes and their attributes.
- Comprehensive recipes are not inspiring – you know how to make them – you just need to navigate to the right one.
In a response to these recognitions I rapidly (almost lightspeed) implemented a system which provides a solution to the decision making problem. To what degree the system will perform in terms of; usefulness, technology acceptance, coding errors – will stand the test of time through comprehensive empirical research – conducted by myself with myself as participant.
Anyway, enough rambling. The point is. I have this problem of dinner decision. I eat dinner everyday. “All” others eat dinner everyday. Well, don’t need to be a Rocket Surgeon (!?) to figure out that probably some other finds use of this.
Thus, the system is open-sourced.
Essentially, do what you like – just give me a pop here if you like it:)
Requirements are; MySQL, PHP – no testing of browser support! (only FF3.0)
What the system supports:
- Automatically wrapping links with <a href> tags
- Automatically wrapping image links with <img> tags
- Automatically make the first line a header (<h2>)
- Storing when you ate the dinner
- Counting how many times you have eaten the dinner
- Users (very low-level, but still, working)
And for all those wondering. Yes, this is a procrastination work. Master thesis writing is really inspiring – although inspiring in probably not the correct direction :)